Courses in Vijaya College of Education
B.Ed. programme of two year duration with an annual intake of 100 students.
As Per TNTEU norms
Subjects of Study in B.Ed.,
- Physical Science
- Biological Science
- Political Science
- Computer Science
Group: A - Core Papers
- Education in the Emerging Indian Society.
- Psychology of Learning and Human Development
- Educational Innovations and Curriculum Development
Group: B - Elective Paper
A student shall choose any ONE of the following elective courses offered by our college.
- Environmental Education.
- Guidance and Counseling
- Computers in Education
- Physical and Health Education
- Professional Course for Teacher Proficiency
Group - C - Optional Courses
Each admitted under graduate student has to study first optional course (Paper- I) based on their parent discipline at the UG level and the second optional course (Paper II) should be based on their ancillary subjects / First language papers / Second language papers at the UG level and each admitted Post Graduate candidate has to study Optional - I and Optional -II papers based on their major subjects in PG only.
Eligibility for Admission
- The candidates should have passed the UG Degree Examination in the 10+2+3 stream, with the same main subject in part III, for which he is seeking admission in the B.Ed., course.
- Candidates who have taken more than one main subjects in Part III (Double or Triple major) of the UG degree have to choose only one of the main subjects and apply for that optional in B.Ed
- Candidates who have done their UG Degree in Applied Mathematics can apply for Mathematics.
- Candidates who have done their UG Degree in Applied Physics, Geo-Physics, Bio- Physics and Electronics can apply for Physical Science.
- Candidates who have done their UG Degree in Bio-Chemistry and Applied Chemistry can apply for Physical Science.
- Candidates who have done their UG Degree in Bio-Technology, Plant Biology and Plant Bio-Technology can apply for Biological Science.
- Candidates who have done their UG Degree in Environmental Science and Micro-Biology can apply for Biological Science
- Candidates should have secured
OC - 50% BC - 45% MBC - 43% SC/ST - 40%
of marks in Part III of UG Degree, which includes only Major and Allied (Theory & Practical's).
- In the case of candidates belonging to SC and ST communities, a pass with 40% marks in the relevant UG Degree is enough, irrespective of the number of attempts.
- In the case of handicapped (both physical and visual candidates), a minimum pass with 40% marks in the Degree is required.
- Candidates with PG Qualification with 50% marks alone will be considered for Commerce, Economics and Home Science.
- Age no bar
Mode of Selection
- The short listed candidates would be called for a personal interview.
- Changes in date or time of interview will not be encouraged.
- Students will be selected on the basis of merit.
- All admissions are made provisionally by the direction of the management and subject to approval by the university.
- As per the guidelines from the Director of collegiate Education, admission is subject to verification of mark certificate by the University and if the mark certificate is found to be begins; admission is liable for cancellation, besides criminal action being taken.
How to Apply
- Application forms can be obtained from the college office.